About Me

My photo
This is a personal perspective of my journey and as a 44yr old woman, this stage in my life calls me to times of reflection and perspective of the lessons learned, some lessons not so easily learned, and where to go from here. .

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Security

Security. That's a word that is being thought of alot lately. Is your money secure? Is your home secure? What about secure relationships? Do you have someone in your life that you know you can count on to be there for you when it counts? I have to admit that more than being secure, I have lived most of my life under a blanket of insecurity. I may not have used the word daily, but it dominates many of my daily thoughts and decisions. I didn't realize just how much until I looked up the definition of the word. "Insecure- liable to break, fail, or collapse. Not gaurded." Even before the stock market crashed,before my husbands cancer,my daughters numerous health issues,a mountain of medical bills......there was insecurity. I have always been very insecure with decision making, scared to fail, scared of other people's thoughts toward me. If a decision was to be made, I would think and think and think, turning every possible scenario around in my mind, what if-ing it to death, looking at it from other people's perspective's (what would "so & so" do), never really secure in what I wanted, always scared that I would make the "wrong decision". Always trying to predict the outcome of a decision. As much thought as I would put into thinking about something, I would default to making no decision, then life just happens. I took what came my way at the time. There is no joy in that. I think that when we hit middle age, we start to really dissect our history and retrace how we have gotten to where we are. That is what I have been doing and I have discovered something. We get our security in knowing who we are, by knowing our real value. God says in Isaiah 43 "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called you by name. you are mine....I paid a huge price for you....that's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you." WOW! That is hard for me to get my mind around. How can one not be secure when you know that the God of the universe, the creator of all that is, would trade it ALL for YOU?....for YOU? When you have that kind of love, you can be secure with who he created you to be and walk YOUR path securely knowing that He said "When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end- " He is always directing our path, even when we think things are falling apart or percieve that we are failing, there He is. See, fear follows insecurity, but faith follows security. My foundation needs to be right. My thinking needs to be renewed daily, moment by moment, or I will slip into my default insecurity. Knowing that I am secure in Him, I can put my trust in Him, rest in Him, and HE will put the desire in my heart regarding decision making. Best of all, I can leave the outcome to Him, after all He knows what is best for me. Oh, and I will sleep alot better at night too!



Secure-safe and free from doubt or fear, not likely to fail. To ensure. To protect.

2 comments:

  1. perfect love casts out fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, my nom de plume is "cordelia" it's micki.

    ReplyDelete